So the other day I came across what seemed like a stupid-simple image with a question on it. I’ve since forgot where I saw the image and after trying to find it for a bit I’ve failed. Here is the problem from my memory though:
So at first glance: 4 answers, random choice so 1/4 of the time you’re likely to get it right, so 25% seems right, but then you notice that there are 2 25% answers, so your chances are bettered to 1 out of 2, so 50% (b) is the right choice, right?
That is where I settled a couple of days ago without giving it much more thought and went on about my day. However tonight in a sleepless frenzy the problem came back to haunt me, and here is why:
If 50% (b) is the answer, then there is only 1/4 chance of getting it by picking it randomly, which means that the answer is actually 25%, but since there are 2 25% answers, there is a 50% chance of getting it right. So neither of the answers (a, b or c) is right, so then ‘d’ must be the right choice, right? Nope, because if it is then there is a 1 out of 4 chance that you would pick it and therefore it brings you back to 25% chance of getting the problem right.
So essentially you’re equally wrong no matter what choice you pick.
If this is way-obvious for eveyone else and I’m overexplaining it, I apologize and I’ll blame the fact that I’m literally still practically within my sleepless frenzy.
These are old, however there is hardly any better satire on the internet so if you haven’t checked it out yet, you’re well past-due. That YBS-checkout-child has probably grown into a full grown man inside of you. A bigger man than you’ll ever be, you ignorant basement dweller.
So you deleted/replaced some files in Windows 7...
…and then you realized that was like several days worth of work that you overwrote. Worry not! right click the folder that the files were in and click “Restore Previous Versions” and select one of the backups. BOOMjah your file all up in that all backed up.